Research Areas: Advanced Characterization; Nuclear Fuels; Materials Characterization; Materials Properties and Performance
Ph.D, Materials Science, University of Rouen, France, 2012.
Masters, Physics, University of Pune, India, 2007
Member of International Youth Nuclear Congress.
Recognized reviewer for Journal of applied physics, Applied surface
science, Microscopy and Microanalysis, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics,
Applied Physics Letters, Material Science and Engineering B, Journal of Nuclear
1) α′ precipitation in neutron-irradiated Fe–Cr alloys
M Bachhav, GR Odette, EA Marquis
2) Microstructural changes in a neutron-irradiated Fe–15at.% Cr alloy M Bachhav, GR Odette, EA Marquis
3) Microstructure and Chemistry of Electrodeposited Mg Films MN Bachhav, NT Hahn, KR Zavadil, EG Nelson, AJ Crowe, BM Bartlett, PW Chu, VJ, Araullo-Peters, EA Marquis
4) Evidence of lateral heat transfer during laser assisted atom probe tomography analysis of large band gap materials MN Bachhav, R Danoix, F Vurpillot, B Hannoyer, SB Ogale, F Danoix
5) Investigation of O-18 enriched hematite (α-Fe2O3) by laser assisted atom probe tomography M Bachhav, F Danoix, B Hannoyer, JM Bassat, R Danoix
Research focuses on
understanding and quantifying the mechanisms controlling microstructural
evolution in alloy systems, nuclear fuels, interfacial properties, and
irradiation effects in materials.